WeeMee is the #1 avatar on the iPhone, and we are looking for an experienced iOS developer to help innovate and implement new products to grow our leadership position in mobile. The mobile developer will have solid Objective-C knowledge and have experience developing iOS apps and features using the iPhone SDK such as in-app purchases and animations.
Reporting to the Development Manager this person will work principally from our Glasgow office. The position requires cross functional teamwork with stakeholders based in the UK and the US.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Working closely with mobile team, creative team and QA to deliver projects in a timely manner
- Maintaining existing mobile applications including troubleshooting bugs, optimising and adding new features.
- Strong passion for mobile industry and mobile development
- Over 2 years hands-on iOS development experience
- At least one published app
- Extensive knowledge of iOS SDK, Objective-C
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in a collaborative environment with knowledge of source control, coding standards and an ability to produce high quality code that is easy to manage and maintain.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and contribute new ideas in a diverse, fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment.
- Other mobile app development experience, such as Android, Blackberry is advantageous
WeeWorld is a popular social for teens with a mainstream appeal, reaching a global audience of more than 40M registered WeeMees. WeeWorld provides a fun, visual environment that encourages self-expression and creativity.
At WeeWorld have a team of people who have successfully built business and consumer brands. We are funded by the best in the business - Benchmark Capital and Accel Partners – the venture capitalists who backed eBay, Playfish, FaceBook, Macromedia and more. We offer a competitive salary and stock options.
To apply send a cover letter and resume to David Timlin